RHU-01 Layers Wallpaper by Richard Hutten
Brand NLXL LAB
In 2010 Curator Suzanne Oxenaar asked Richard Hutten to design a temporary hotel room in the Lloyd Love hotel in Tokyo.
For this room Hutten came up with the Layers concept: the whole room was covered in tape. Each element in the room, including the furniture up to the telephone, was covered in layers of tape. Later a copy of this room became part of the permanent collections of two museums: The Moti Museum in Breda, The Netherlands, and the Vancouver Art Gallery in Canada.
For NLXL Richard translated the concept into a wallpaper, clearly leaving the concept of the tape. On of the ‘tapes’ has a multiple choice question on it, asking for interaction with the user.
- Dimensions 19" x 394" (53 SQFT) 48,7 x 1000 cm (4,9m2)
- heavy-duty wallpaper with paper top-layer and non-woven backing
- colourfast and washable with a soft cloth
- no wallpapering table necessary, glue is applied to wall
- Fire rating USA ASTM E 84-10 EU B-s1, download
Lead time 1 - 2 weeks.